AMBER ALERTS

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wiki Leaks China and North Korea Relationship

About 3 or 4 posts ago I wrote a short note on my thoughts about the situation in the Korea's and what I thought the Chinese response would be, as I said prior to the Cablegate releases by Wiki, I thought that China was tiring of the regime in North Korea, mainly because of China's economic connections with the rest of the world and considered Kim Jong Il and his government dead weight around China's neck.

North Korean President Kim Jong Il/Photo ABC News
On the 29th of November CNN posted a story stating that one of the diplomatic cables released in this leak said almost exactly what I said, stating that North Korea was basically a spoiled child.  I myself have not read this cable as of yet but am quite interested in finding a copy of it on Wiki Leaks Cablegate page and as soon as I am done with school I plan to have a look at it and any other cables that might be out there about China, South Korea, North Korea and will update my blog from there.

However right now I do see a new problem because of the leak of these diplomatic cables regarding North Korea I am now a little bit more worried about what Kim Jong Il's and his son's reaction may be to the joint exercises by the United States and South Korea currently underway in the Yellow Sea, that some how Kim Jong Il will try some illogical method of saving face,  however I still have little doubt that if gunfire does occur China's reaction will be highly limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment