AMBER ALERTS

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hey Juan Wiliams Guess What?

I get nervous when someone in Muslim garb gets on my trolley, you see Juan I ride the San Diego Trolley twice a day, ten times a week to and from school and since 9/11 and knowing the terrorist history of countries like Israel, Italy and the United Kingdom I naturally keep my eye out on public transport.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I served 20 years in the US Navy and I didn't do it as a job, for school money or for that matter the benefits of retirement, although everyone of those are excellent reasons to serve your country, matter of fact I'm using the 9/11 GI bill to attend college now and am currently drawing my military retirement benefits. But anyone who knows me will tell you I served my country for 20 years because I love my country.

Did I say in the above paragraph I love my country, oh I did well that's good because I really mean it. There is more to it than that however, not only do I love my country I love what it stands for, especially everyone's freedom of religion and speech. Another thing anyone who knows me also knows there is not a prejudice bone in my body, I love Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and as Jesus I love everyone. I may not agree with their morals and ideas in this life but I love them. I love you and I love them, I hope this freaks you out

No I meant what I said up there I on that last paragraph I wish it didn't but the way the world is today a grown man telling a total stranger, let alone a total stranger who happens to be a man I love you just as Jesus did, freaks almost everyone out, that's too bad to.

Well Juan let me get back to what I was saying, you see I think I mentioned I had been in the Navy for 20 years so I think I know how people with militaristic thinking think. Maybe not to the extent of the radical thinkers of Al Qaeda, The Taliban or Hamas but I do believe that they have plans to still strike the US right here on our soil and next time it probably won't be a major show like 9/11, most likely targets are going to be city buses, subways, grocery stores and yes the Little Red San Diego Trolley that I ride 10 times a week back and forth from school.

So I don't know who is going to fire me, but yes I get nervous when I see someone in Muslim garb on the San Diego Trolley, and I'm trusting most of my Muslim friends here in San Diego will understand where I am coming from.

Oh by the way NPR you loss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment