AMBER ALERTS

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Current Political Atomosphere


Good afternoon all my non-readers, I hope this day finds everyone doing good and thinking about who and what you plan on voting for here in the next week or so. What? you have no intention of voting? Well I am not suprised I've been hearing that all over the place the last few days and not just on the news. As you know if you by chance read the about me sectin of my blog I am attending college full time at San Diego City College and I constantly hear from the students that they are not qualified to vote.


All I have to say is give me a F ing break, these same students who are not qualified to show up at the polls or put their ballot in the mail box are the same students who assemble almost monthly for one cause or another. The latest cause was a nation wide "strike" or walk out protesting the continuing rise of tuition, another is the protests concerning Arizona immigration bill. These young people surely find themselves qualified to protest over Arizona and demand the heads of Arizona law makers if the law isn't changed but for some reason they just don't see themselves posessing the proper knowledge to vote for who is going to be sitting on the city of Santee, Ca. city council or the Padre Dam Water District.


I find all this very hard to believe, to me all I have to do to prepare to vote is first look at my own morals and beliefs so I can compare what I beleive when it comes to God, Jesus Christ and the rights of other human bengs with the morals of currntly running for political office.


Second I look at all the issues on the ballet and go through the same process to insure that what I am voting for fits in to my moral standards. Now this is the problem for most young people today, especially I find that the younger people who live for the moment, their morals change according to the situation they find themselves in, if it's exciting or brings some kind of immediate gratification than they are all for it. It is when patience becomes a requirement they find they aren't qualified.
So what does it take for a college student to become a qualified voter? Very simple as you do if you are getting ready for that Trigometry final, study. Everything you need to know is either right there in front of you in the voter information pamphlet or look up the person or subject on the internet. Especially if the person you are considering is an incombent, that person stance and complete voting record can be found on line.
So here we are, almost time to head too the polls or drop that ballet in the mail, your registered to vote, don't blow it off, take a few minutes and research what you are voting for and make at least a semi-informed desecion.
The only thing I would ask, is don't play a guessing game with your ballot, if you truly don't kow, then by all means leave that question blank, other wise if you just write something in, you may be adversely affecting others, or worse yet yourself.
Lets just do it, do some research, take the knowledge you have gained and make a qualified decision, come on folks lets show the elite out there that many of us still care. Thank about it, do we want another Nixon or Clinton in office? I think not

1 comment:

  1. Hi babe your posts are getting better, get out there and find things that people, not just you may find intresting. You told me you intend for this to be a blog to attract a wide variety of intrests, not like your others for example your astronomy blogs

    ReplyDelete